In lieu of something really good, here's what I've got for now. I'm going to try to write more soon. By the way, today was a really amazing and wonderful day, filled with one of the most unexpected surprises. So cool. Someday, maybe I'll tell you about it.
So, the year is coming to an end. In January, I crafted a list of things that I would make resolutions, if I wanted to resolve things. Below is the list, along with my introductory comments that I originally included, as well as comments on my progress with this list. As the year ends, I’m going to try to think about those things that I want to add to the list and expand on for next year.
“So I’ve been thinking. It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life (insert Michael Buble song here), and everybody’s talking about resolutions. Yes, I realize I’m a little late on the bandwagon, but not because I haven’t been thinking about it. More because there are so many things I would like to resolve to do for this year. But see, if I make these actual resolutions, then I’m going to feel guilty for not doing them, or spend all my time worrying about when they’re going to happen. So I’ve compiled an advisory list of things that I might at some point make resolutions if I were going to do so.
If I were to make some resolutions, here’s what they’d be:”
1. Take the
2. Get in shape and lose some weight – after all, I have PCOS, which puts me at risk for heart disease, diabetes, cervical cancer, and infertility (among other things). This is really the least I can do. – meh. I work out on a generally regular basis. I’ll take it.
3. Read at least 10 books that challenge me and/or my way of thinking this year. – oh, wow. I don’t know if it’s been 10, but In Cold Blood was amazing. I read Catcher in the
4. Go to
5. Go to DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival. – didn’t do it. Am okay with that. Apparently have plans to go April 2011. So if you’re up for a trip to DC then, let me know.
6. Make friends in
7. Strengthen my relationship with my brother (I’m not saying that it’s bad, either) – I think so. He’s going to be a dad in February. He’s going to be a wonderful father.
8. Get a Wii (more for Mario Kart than Wii Fit). – nah. I have other things to do with my money. You know, like buy stuff for my new niece. And drool over electronic readers.
9. Figure out, understand, and be confident in my finances – hmm. I’m working on it. Or I’m going to marry an accountant. One or the other.
10. Find a cause in
11. Become a card-sending encourager – I sometimes do this. I could always do this more.
12. Spend as much time as is humanly possible with the important people in my life – I did pretty well on this one. I got to spend amazing fun times with Amy, Kelly, Bryan, Marcus, Kaylan, Heather, Amber, my friends in Tulsa, some Blackstone buds, and, most importantly, my family. Will always be looking for more opportunities to make that happen.
13. Write 3 things I’m really proud of. (And no, I may not count this theoretical resolution list. . . or the
14. Be funnier – you know, it depends on the audience. Some people bring out the funny in me. Some don’t.
15. Allow other people to suggest things to resolve (but be willing to completely ignore those suggestions if I find them too difficult, too challenging, or not funny [see No. 14]) – I did this. Successfully.

No comments:
Post a Comment