Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm Welcoming Myself Back

So here’s the deal. My last post was a long time ago. It’s true. My 4.325 followers have probably all abandoned me. And now I’m out here alone in the blogosphere. All because I haven’t updated lately.


Don’t blame me. Blame the Missouri bar exam. Suffice it to say, it was hard. Saving grace: I only had to take one day of essays instead of a day of essays, a day of multiple choice, and then another day of essays. Small blessings, I guess.


I planned to treat myself in a big way after the bar. But first I had to drive home from Missouri’s desolate capitol, Jefferson City, where a motel counts as a “hotel and conference center.” In the rain. That didn’t use to be a problem, but now it is. Ever since my dramatic reversal up the side of a concrete piling as a result of hydroplaning, I get a little tense when I drive through puddles of water.


Instead of getting directions printed out, I decided not to worry about anything and just follow the directions of my GPS. Surely I would be fine. Right? Right?!!! Wrong. I went through approximately 536.823 miles, the majority of which the GPS showed nothing (absolutely nothing!) on either side of the road I was driving. I did glimpse a blue body of water in the upper right had corner at one point, but then I lost it.


So I was in the middle of nowhere, in the rain, hitting puddles. The first time, I got a sick feeling in my stomach. The second time I got the same feeling and there might have been profanity. The third time I broke down and cried. Yep, crying in the middle of nowhere. But there was no point in pulling over until I got back to the land of habitation, so I just. kept. going.


I finally returned to the greater St. Louis metropolitan area, and treated myself to takeout from Maggiano’s. It. was. fantastic. Then I slept the sleep of the living dead. Amazing.


And today, I did not go to work. I read this. This is what I call celebration in a big way. I know. You're jealous.



I feel like I finally have my life back. I’m hoping to be back here more frequently now that I have put that unpleaseantness behind me.


Until then, my friends.



1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you're back in the blogosphere. That sounds like a truly awful experience, but I'm glad you took some time to recover.

    ReplyDelete