Well, in order to combat those irrational (they are irrational, right? Right?!) thoughts, I’m going to describe the weekend I just got to spend with one of my friends (thereby disproving at least one of the above!). We have been planning my visit to the great metropolis of Terre Haute since she moved there last year. By planning, I mean we did the "I should totally come visit you!" thing. She visited me in May, and I decided to return the favor as a post-bar treat to myself. It was fantastic.
First, even before I got there, she emailed me with all these options. I was immediately taken with the Pirate Sands Adventure, and tried to figure out how to make it happen without sounding like a total juvenile. Turns out she likes pirates, too, so it wasn’t a hard sell. What is this Pirate Sands Adventure, you may ask? The ocean-side city of Indianapolis, Indiana, imported 200(!) tons of sand, and brought in sculptors to craft pirate ships out of the sand. There was a small admission fee, but that didn’t stop us from mapping our way there. I was somewhat underwhelmed once we arrived at our destination, but managed to simultaneously avoid paying the entrance fees and get fun pictures. As evidenced by this:
We had a back-up, in case the Pirate Sands Adventure didn’t work out, so we then made our way to the Indiana State Fair. It was pretty fantastic, with the exception being that Saturday was the hottest day of the year. We got to see a pig race, fulfilling a lifelong dream of KK's; and T-Money, after declaring that he "Absolutely could not miss" the Live Raptor show, got to fulfill a lifelong dream of seeing a peregrine falcon. Which was pretty awesome.
I also saw a tractor pull. And every imaginable form of fattening food known to America. I love the fair.
For dinner, we made our way to a Hawaiian restaurant/Fish Market. It’s only amusing and ironic since 2/3 of our dinner party hate fish. And we were all in actual Hawaii not two months ago.
Last on our day-trip to Indy, we went to this amazing comedy club where I fulfilled my dream of seeing Legal Custodians brought into reality. . . sort of. But at least it was hilarious and lots of fun watching the improv. I like me some improv. And I got a souvenir cup. So that's something.

No comments:
Post a Comment