So the following video was posted by a member of the Chicago contingent of Anonymous Law Bloggers. I love reading their posts - they're witty, and I kind of have a crush on one of the guys just because he's so hilarious and clever. But don't tell him I said that.
Anyway. . . a different guy reposted this video from another member of the contingent. He posted it because it provided a good laugh on a Friday. The first 20 seconds is hilarious, but at least make it to the 2:15 mark. You won't be disappointed.
I think this video is hilarious, and every bit as awful as the Chicago Law Mafia thinks it is. They're not Christians posting it as kindly amusing. They're posting it to show what fools Christians are. It's hard to rebut that kind of crap. As much as I love a good synchronized dance to an out-of-date song (see Glee!), I was at first amused and then really concerned. This "performance" (spectacle, atrocity, ridiculous display of bad taste) does nothing to perpetuate, spread, or properly explain God or Who He is. In what appears to be an attempt to be "relevant," they have failed. Much like the failure of my Christian school's rules about cheerleading. They couldn't shake their butts (excuse me, derriere's), but if they moved their legs just right, it pretty much had the same effect, but they could say they weren't shaking their butts. Tell me where God says we can't shake it!!!
Okay, I'm going to stop. Enjoy the video, because it's hilarious. Also, don't let that video be you. I'm begging you.
What, Then, Shall We Say?
7 months ago

Isn't it sawesome (sad/awesome)? I saw it a few months ago and I think I cried a little, both because it was hilarious and really sad that they think they're relevant in our culture.
ReplyDeleteI almost fell off my chair.
ReplyDelete