Saturday, March 14, 2009

First Post Nerves

Honestly, I think blogging borders on the narcissistic. However, I’m blogging now, so I feel that I can say that. Obviously, I have chosen an obtuse title. It just came to me, but it seems to epitomize where I am. In some ways, I’m just lost, with no idea where to go from here. In others, I’m found. And yet in other ways, I’m still trying to figure it out. Lost. Found. Seeking. That’s me.


I want people to read my blog. I do. I want them to comment and really enjoy it. Otherwise, I’ll feel like it’s a waste. But blogging is dangerous. Blogging requires giving up part of yourself. Being a little more open than I often like to be. But I feel compelled to write. I am not making a commitment to write so many times per time frame. But I commit to writing. I’m still figuring out what I want to do when I grow up, but I know that I should be writing. So that is what I’m going to do.


Of course, I’m on facebook. So, of course, at when the new year came around, I made a list of resolutions. Of course, I gave myself an out. I said it was a list of things I would consider to be resolutions if I were going to make them. I like it that way. Now, it feels more like a challenge to see how much of it I can do, instead of the burden of yet another to-do list. I say all that to say that on that list, I wanted to write at least three things I could be proud of. This first blog will not meet that standard. And yet, I hope that I’ll post more than three times by this years’ end. We’ll have to see. But this blog, this first post, gets me closer to meeting that challenge. So here I go.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging! Looking forward to seeing what your great mind has to say.... plus keeping up on the life of Kara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Trey!! It's so great to hear from you and know you'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo. I'm glad you've joined the narcissistic blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kara! Welcome (back) to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Micah and Meredith! It's nice to be back!

    ReplyDelete